Skin related issues commonly occur during cancer treatment that might result in dry, itchy and irritable skin. The scalp especially tends to get irritable during hair loss. However, there is a simple solution to help feel more comfortable…
Bamboo fabric is natural textile and made from bamboo pulp and does not under go any chemical treatment. They are smoother and rounder and naturally do not cause irritation to the skin.
There are several advantages of bamboo head cover as shown below
- Highly sweat absorbent – Night sweats are also common during cancer treatment. In such instances bamboo pulls moisture from skin for evaporation due to moisture wicking property and keeps you dry.
- Antibacterial – Bamboo contains an antibacteria bio-agent called “bamboo-kun” that helps kill bacteria. This property is retained by the fabric as well which makes the fabric hygienic and odor free. Since the body is weak during treatment, bamboo fabric can provide a much better hygienic alternative to conventional fabrics.
- Thermo-regulating property – It is common to feel sudden chills or hot flushes during cancer treatment. Bamboo through its thermo-regulating property helps maintain a constant temperature, keeps you cooler in summer and warmer in winter
- Soft and does not cause irritation to the skin : Chemotherapy can sometimes take a toll on a person, especially the skin resulting in dry, and some time irritable skin. In such instances the soft and rounded bamboo fabric can help in providing comfort.
- Naturally UV protection while outdoors : During cancer treatment since the body is weak, it helps to take precautions while outdoors since the UV rays of the sun can cause harm to the already sensitive skin.
- Hypoallergenic – natural bamboo does not cause allergic reactions as there is no chemical treatment to during the fabric development stage.